Pages

Product Review: My Mizani Army- The Story: Shampoos and Conditioners


PURIPHYING Intense Cleansing Shampoo
BOTANIFYING Conditioning Shampoo (with botanicals)
FUFYL Conditioning Treatment
MOISTURFUSE Moisturizing Conditioner



I call the my Mizani Army because when I first began to grow my hair in high school, these are the products I chose to help me. My routine was washing every two weeks, wrap every night, apply Mizani overnight treatment every other night, and use Mizani Rose H2O and Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Oil Cream. I wasn't extra educated at the time about hair care products, but I had learned that the best was Mizani or Keracare and because Mizani seemed and smelled less chemical like I went with that. My hairdresser at the time was great with styling, but maybe not the best with actual hair care... I guess someone told her Design Essentials was the best, but I just didn't think so- so I brought my own stuff.

I decided to switch hair dressers because I just felt like the one I had wasn't growing my hair. So I took a risk, jumped shipped and began going to a man that had grew my aunts hair ridiculously long and thick. I won't go through all the details, but long story shirt- he was scissor happy and was cutting my hair waaaaaaay to much. Also he used Kercare Dry and Itchy Scalp.... which ended up.... wait for it.... wait for it.... effing up my hair. Yeah it did, it worked wonders for my aunt and sister, but it was my worst enemy.

Fast forward to college. I decided I want to grow my hair back out, so I went back to "my Mizani army"... and I wore weaves at times in between and went natural underneath (the weave). My hair GREW alot... I wore weaves almost full time for two years. You could say my hair went from
neck length to a little over shoulder length.... then I decided to perm and cut it for the whole Rihanna thing and, well that's a whole other story, that I'll share later (I wish I would have stayed natural though)

Anyway, I say all that to say even though I'm currently choosing to switch it up products. These 4 products did work for me, when I used them consistently.

When I first picked them, my thought process was- well I need 2 shampoos and 2 conditioners because that's what they used at the beautician. Then I figured I needed one shampoo to clean my hair and another one to restore moisture that the other shampoo may have stripped. Then I needed two good conditioners- one regular and one treatment.

More Info from the bottles:

Puriphying Shampoo- pH balanced shampoo that removes residue. Has hydrolyzed wheat protein.

Botanifying Shampoo- gentle shampoo with botanicals

Moisturfuse Conditioner- has moisturizers and proteins. Polyquatermium-37 and hydrolyzed wheat protein.

Fulfyl Treatment- has protein and moisturizers as well


No comments:

Post a Comment